Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"When you talk about films, nobody agrees with anybody. Guys get mad at each other and the air is full of screaming."
- David Newman and Robert Benton,
"The Movies Will Save Themselves" - 1968

Thus begins my foray into the world of online journalism. It is a world in which everyone who's anyone that has too much to say about nothing says more than anyone can bear to handle. So why throw my opinions into the mix of countless others that have gone before using their share of tactless humor, bad grammar, and an air of vain conceit? It's funny you should ask...

Films have had the ability to inspire, disturb, deter conflict, insight riot, and generally make fodder for good old fashioned rabble rousin' conversation since their conception over 100 years ago. For all intents and purposes, this blog will attempt to inform you the audience, about films of both contemporary and historical significance without being overly aurterish (I'm not that learned), or too critical (I'm not a professional). I will choose a film a week keeping in line with the column I am currently writing entitled "The Movie Minute". It is my goal that all who should come across this page would share in the discussion as well. Without further ado... Let's watch.







No comments: