Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A post of things to come...

Hey to all of you dedicated fans out there reading this (i hope you know tongue is firmly in cheek as i'm saying this).  I know i've been a little slow to post new things lately but never fear, I have not died in a firey plane crash or fallen asleep at the wheel or died on my sofa in the living room.  I have a couple new posts I will try to put up today (Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D and Adventureland)  For some reason I've been having trouble with blogspot lately and an error occurs when I copy and paste files into the window.    But I will hopefully get back to the once a week post on new movies.

Also, I am getting ready to start a massive marathon to help fill in some gaps in my film knowledge.  I will be filling the spring with a huge selection of Documentary films.  I am really excited about it and hope to post some thoughts.  My hope is that the reviews will function more as conversational pieces than a mere 1-5 scale of what you the consumer should do with the film.  However, I know that so many of you need that 1-5 scale, you crave the snapshot judgment that lets you know where someone as wishy-washy as myself stands.  Therefore, I will still post the normal 1-5 scale at the end.  I envy those of you who can make such judgments as final as the great day of reckoning itself, I however require a little bit more internal struggle to come up with a rating.

Here are a list of a few of the movies I will be watching:

Spellbound - A look at 8 different kids preparing for the national spelling bee

Shoah - 9 1/2 hour documentary about the holocaust.  Hailed as the greatest documentary about the holocaust ever made.

The Thin Blue Line - Errol Morris' take on how the american justice system has often failed us, tells the story of one man accused of a crime he claims he didn't commit.

Also:

The U.S. Vs. John Lennon
For the Bible Tells Me so
Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmakers' Apocalypse
crumb
gimme shelter
no direction home
American Movie
The Fog of War


And many many more.  Stay tuned.  Check out some of these yourself and chime in with comments.  Let's make this a truly communal experience.

No comments: